Established in 2012, the Center for Visual and Decision Informatics is a National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center that works in partnership with government, industry, and academia to develop the next-generation visual and decision support tools and techniques that enable decision-makers to significantly improve the way their organization’s information is organized and interpreted.
- Completed 25 projects from 26 researchers and 58 students producing over 88 publications related to CVDI work in first four years
- Received more than $5.1 million dollars in funding in Years 1 – 5 from industry members, the National Science Foundation and Tekes, a Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation
- Focused on becoming a national Center of Excellence in Data Science, Big Data Analytics and Visual Analytics
- Recognized as one of the few international I/UCRC partnerships (with Tampere University of Technology in Finland) and the the only I/UCRC in the state of Louisiana
- Awarded Phase II designation on March 1, 2017 adding academic partners Stony Brook University and University of Virginia
Prospective Academic Partners